Thursday, August 21, 2014

WAIS & SHS Leadership take the Ice Bucket Challenge

Jennifer Collier & Chris Juntti and their leadership teams take the Ice Bucket Challenge on the WAIS campus on August 19th. The Ice Bucket Challenge is an effort to bring awareness and increase donations for ALS research. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, is a progressive degenerative disease that affects neurons in both the brain and spine.

It is believed that roughly 30,000 americans are afflicted with the disease. Causation is linked to genetics in roughly 10% of cases; there is no known cause in the other 90% of cases. ALS has cut short the lives of people all over the world, including famed athletes, actors, musicians, artists, and even a former vice president; as well as wives, husbands, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, cousins, class mates, co workers, and friends.

Since July 29th, the Ice Bucket Challenge brought 700,000 new donors to the ALS Association, raising over $40 Million USD. Jennifer Collier and Chris Junti nominate the leadership teams of Northbrook, Spring Woods, and Memorial High Schools. Chris Junti also nominates the SHS coaches.

Watch the video on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More